Monday, February 18, 2008

Touch of Gray


Hard to believe, I haven't a spool of gray thread around here?! Must take advantage of Jo-Ann's Presidents' Sale and grab a spool at 50% off so I can mend a pair of slacks. Ha, ha - any excuse will do, even mending. I hate to mend. Seriously, other than for T and L, my "rate" is $100/hour. Yes, I tell people that! So far, no takers, but you never know. . .! I remember years ago, a mom of one of L's classmates asked if I could sew a Highland dance recital blouse for her darling daughter. She would even give me $10! I told her she couldn't afford me. (And the last thing I wanted to do was sew anything for her bitch spawn. That girl was mean!) She tossed her highlighted hair, laughed and said, "Oh, I know I can!" Me: "No, I don't think so - it will be $400. Plus materials." With a straight face, truly I missed my stage calling. (And the money - not the $10, the $400! Would have been sweet...might have missed a few pins, too)

No comments: