Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Flying off the Costco pallets!


These -- Back to Nature Organic Stoneground Wheats - Baked Wheat and Flaxseed Crackers

While I was pushing my cart towards the end of the snack aisle (honest, I was just cutting through and behaving myself quite well despite being almost Noon), these were on endcap display. I saw one lady put one in her cart. I read the label and it sounded good to me, so I got one. Someone else saw us and picked up a box, too. And then the elderly couple checking out ahead of me also had one. I had never heard of them nor this brand before, but if Costco carries it, you know it has to be good! The checker even asked if they were giving away samples of these. She said lots of people were buying them and they had just came in yesterday. They hopped into my cart because:

  • No trans fats, no hydrogenated oils
  • No artificial preservatives, flavors or colors
  • Baked
  • Organic
  • Has flaxseed
  • 5 cracker serving is only 70 calories, 2.5g fat (poly 0.5g, mono 1.5g), 135mg sodium, 1g sugar, 1g protein, total carb 11g
  • And after I got home - they taste great! Even sort of buttery, like a Ritz. But better for you!

$7.39 for a four carton box.

No comments: