Friday, February 01, 2008

I (Heart) Hearts!


This is the pattern I used to make the heart you see on the right sidebar. It's called "Ragged Hearts" by Homespun Quilts (HQ-105). I saw it as a wall hanging in a quilt shop and it was gorgeous. The heart was supposed to be divided into 4's and then stitched together. When I tried that the hearts were off and it looked a little wonky instead of whimsical, as the designer Anna Laura Reidt kindly said in the description. So I redid and made two halves, which seems more meaningful to me. My little potholder/mini quilt goes on display in February and lives the rest of the year perched on the bulletin board above my sewing machine. The other day I did find the rest of the cut out hearts and may try again with a double or four-square. Plus I have those cute fabrics from Moda I just bought!

No comments: