Thursday, January 22, 2009

Let's Get Crocking - Crockpot Ribs



I've never tried ribs of any kind before in the Crockpot, and a sale of pork ribs at Kroger presented the opportunity to me this past weekend. I found this recipe at about.com. I had almost three pounds, which I cut in half to fit into the 6 quart crockpot. It smelled wonderful in the beginning. Apparently the ribs cooked a little faster than the 8 hours the recipe called for and by the 7th hour I had to light a candle, open a window and set the table -- time to eat! So start checking at the 6 hour point to gauge how fast you are crocking along. The ribs were falling off the bone (literally) tender and weren't that bad. But we live in Texas and I'm thinking next time go (or go out) for the beef instead. Definitely give this a try, the rub combination is great and makes a lot. I bet it would taste good on the Crocked Chicken. And with the Super Bowl coming up, there will probably be good rib deals in your area supermarkets, too.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

You know I have ribs in the freezer actually...this sounds so so good.

Jen said...

My husband would love this. I'm going to save it. Thanks for sharing.