Monday, January 19, 2009

Tah-TILE!


On order, to be installed next week in the kitchen and front entryway. Because it was on sale and I am getting someone else to pull up the old linoleum, I was able to afford to redo the entry, too. L picked this out - "Gold Dust 5202" from the Daltile Gold Rush line. I don't really see anything "gold" about it, except there are warm shades of gold/brown swirled through. I definitely wanted to stay away from anything light. See the difference? There is, the flash interferred. I sure learned my lesson having to sweep several times a day with the old flooring with "Cin-der-el-la, Cin-der-el-la - SWEEP the floor!" playing in my head.
Slowly, but surely progress is being made. Once the floor is in and the drywall repaired I can get the rest of my insurance money back from the mortgage company. I should say, begin the process all over again to get that last check. I filled four pages of the long-style legal pads with all the times I contacted and who I spoke to (as if those are their real names, I never got the same person twice) at the mortgage company. I'm not the only one in this boat, the other day the Houston Chronicle had a consumer watch article mentioning others with the same problem. Perhaps it will be easier this time. Ha-ha-ha! At least I won't be sweeping the floor while waiting on hold.

No comments: