Friday, January 30, 2009

Pattern Shopping

As blogged earlier, I picked up two of the three new Sandra Betzina patterns - 1085 tops and 1096 pants. The pants are one-seam pants and still look dorky. Surely Sandra would not lead us astray or one step away from Quacker Factory with that elasticized side and back waist?! I want to see what she has sewn with them first. And in keeping with the bizarre pants patterns track I've been on lately, I also bought Marcy Tilton's 8499 and 8561. Aren't the pictures horrible? Especially the brown pants on 8561. Put them on real people! Though I really got 8561 for the skirt at first. I think her patterns and these two in particular look very Sewing Workshop-ish. But at $27.50 - more expensive than TSW. . .at $3.99 - small dues to pay for pattern and stash sew-down fun.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Had to laugh! The brown MT ones remind me of jodphurs. Cute skirt, though! I have the other MT pattern on my "to make" list. MT also gave a rave on SB's new pants pattern on her site but said "don't tuck them in". :):)