Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Sandra Betzina Patterns


Continuing "The Stash Sew Down of 2009". . .Today I'm trying 3124 View C of the Butterick Today's Fit Sandra Betzina pattern line. Back in the early 2000's, both Vogue and Butterick had the Today's Fit patterns. Some were similiar to the Vogues and others weren't - particularly 3123 - a bias hooded top and dress, and 3338 - bathrobe (!) and nightgown.






Here are the other Butterick Today's Fit in my collection - top left to right: 3439 - blouse and pants, 3300 - vests, bottom left to right: 3013 - vest and jacket, 3016 - vests.

Did you know she also had two Sewing Workshop patterns? The Sandra Betzina Coat and The Sandra Betzina Vest and Skirt.





I was even able to score some of the ones she did with Burda (1995-97) - 3204 - Shirtdress, shirtjacket and pants...3381 deeply pleated and pocketed pants and cropped pants...3653 long or short sleeved dresses.



Let's also not forget the Rodale Designer Collection "No Time To Sew" book (1997) and pattern wardrobe. There were mixed reviews on this book, but I liked it. Another ASG chapter member and I sewed many verisions of her Tuxedo Shirt. I made two, I think she did at least seven and they were all cool, all different. It's now out-of-print, but if you find the book on Amazon or eBay, make sure you get the pattern envelope, too!

Once again, another sewing detour. I should be cutting out, not dumping out my pattern drawers and blogging about it! I just wanted to share these in case other Sandra Betzina fans might be interested in her earlier patterns.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I am not a great garment sewer, but I try...I have a couple of these patterns in the waiting.

Sandra said...

Those are some great patterns!