Monday, January 12, 2009

Southwestern Soup

Another winner from the January 2009 issue of Southern Living. You'll find this on page 99 (and on the cover) and if you click here, it will take you to their recipe page. This will become my new go-to recipe when I have leftover taco meat. (My other Taco Soup recipe is good, too, but this will save some money not having to buy the extra ingredients.) I had about 1/2 pound of taco meat, and that was plenty enough. I subbed regular petite diced tomatoes for the ones with jalapenos. I only had one can of kidney beans in the pantry, but one was good there, too. Throw a purple flower-ful of Marie Calendar's Cornbread in the oven and by the time the soup's done simmering, you've got lunch!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Thanks for joining in on the soup swap! I love everything southwestern so I cannot wait to try out this recipe!