Thursday, January 29, 2009

A couple of cute chicks enjoying the sun!

Aren't they cute? And wearing protective eyewear from the rays of the sun streaming through the window, trying to warm up the house this morning. (Brrr! It's in the 30's right now!) My friend Bonnie made the one on the right for my birthday a few years ago. And I got the new gal as part of an IOU from our Neighborhood Group notions swap Christmas party. I like her creative definition of pincushion, very worth the wait! Their tail feathers are two prairie points with smaller points for the beak, the feet are beaded, the wattle has loops of red beads, and the comb on one is orange rick-rack and the other orange yarns. I sure am (c)lucky!

2 comments:

SueB said...

these are SO STINKIN' CUTE - TFS!

Keri said...

ha ha cute!