Sunday, December 14, 2008

Who are these people and why are they here?!

As you can obviously tell, I have a rather eclectic group of friends and fellow bloggers in the right alley. I thought each week on Sunday I would randomly showcase one from the list and why they are there. I love to discover new blogs, and I think you will enjoy the introduction for new places to visit in Bloggy Land.


I met Monica several years ago in the Houston Chapter of the American Sewing Guild. We were so lucky to have her in our Neighborhood Group before she and her husband retired and moved to the top of a hill in the Texas Hill Country. I'm glad she is my friend in real life and here in Bloggy Land. She is so fun and so talented. These were her "Dancing With The Stars" ATC's for Quilting Arts' Artist Trading Card swaps at this year's Houston International Quilt Festival. How lucky were the swappers who were able to get one. This was one of the "Start To Finish" series of "Postcards Battle Cancer - Fiberart For a Cause" she did for the American Cancer Society in 2006. Monica and her hubby are into NASCAR and she picked up these car bits from a repair garage floor and sewed them onto postcards! Here's the sewing journal book she just made for me - hand-bound with handmade beads, covered with netting and pattern tissue. We are the Mutt and Jeff of friends!

1 comment:

Monica said...

Peggy you crazy lady.
It's all so much fun and now my wrist is back inaction......Monica