Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Everyday Food #58 - Seared Steak With Roasted Mushrooms and Spinach Salad

Seared Steak with Roasted Mushrooms and Spinach Salad -- From Everyday Food #58, December 2008, page 110 - "2 for 1 Suppers" section. YUMMY! Well worth the trips to three grocery stores trying to find flank steak that didn't cost more than sirloin steak. (Finally, Kroger $6.99 -I actually went to the "Butcher" section). I loved the seasoning rub. Though I will cut back a little on the 2 teaspoons of salt, if using regular salt instead of coarse salt. The mushrooms came out good, I also tossed in a few quartered small potatoes to roast along with them. Because the flank steak was still a little pricey, I only got a little over a pound and did not double the amount (3 pounds) needed for the do-over into the Steak Tostadas with Cilantro Sour Cream on the next page for the next day. I'll definitely make these again and be watching the ads for the next time flank steak goes on sale.

1 comment:

Auburn Kat said...

It sounds good minus the mushrooms!