Monday, December 15, 2008

Money Monday - Making a list and checking it twice



One way to save more money is to not spend it on things you already have! I keep a running list of what's in the pantry, the refrigerator freezer and chest freezer. No sense getting frostbite digging in the depths of the big freezer when the chopped pecans are easily accessible in the refrigerator freezer. There was a time I kept buying diced tomatoes every time I went grocery shopping! (Should have checked the list and I would have seen I had almost a year's supply in the pantry. I think I must have typo-dropped the "1" from "10.") I keep a list on the computer as a Word document - "Freezer Inventory," post it on the side of my refrigerator and try to update it through the week as items are added or used. I also note the date either when the item was added or the use by date if it is coming up quickly.



1 comment:

YayaOrchid said...

That's a clever system you have there. It is hard to keep up with supplies sometimes.

Have a great week!