Monday, December 22, 2008

It's a snap!

In the December issue of Family Circle magazine, there is a 6-page Crayola advertising section, celebrating the 50 year anniversary of the 64 crayon box. (Wasn't that box coveted by us all? With the crayon sharpener in the back! Wherein sometimes-always a crayon broke off? What I really had big eyes for was the hinged white box of 108 or 128 or more -- I was only 4 and anything over 100 would have had my head spinning. With a handle! Rows and rows of colors with a special separate holder for each one. Your crayon paper wrap would stay pristine. And it had two sharpeners! Maybe even more, this was a really $$ collection. The girl across the apartment hall had one and oh how I wanted one, too. But she was in First Grade and I was told by my Mom that you had to be that age to have one. Years later when I was 12 I did get a Sears Kenmore sewing machine for Christmas so that more than made up for the Crayolas, Easy Bake Oven and Play-Doh Fun Factory MIA's. Aren't you glad, too? Who wants to read a blog about EBO's and PDFF's creations. Though I imagine there probably is a blog out there.) Back to the present...Crayola and Family Circle have joined forces to raise $10,000 for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. All you have to do is use your camera phone and take a picture of the Crayola logo and send it to fc@snaptag.mobi or 949-331-8147. The phone number worked for me. To participate, you must be 21 or older and a legal resident of the 50 United States and District of Columbia.

The promotion ends December 31, 2008 or until 10,000 messages are received. I just sent one last night, so it is still going on.
And yes, I just tried it -- you can take a picture of this picture in the blog post - it works!

1 comment:

YayaOrchid said...

Thanks for the link! I too remember wanting those huge crayola boxes.