Saturday, December 27, 2008

Kinda Kolache

This was my attempt to make cheese kolaches, with the leftover cream cheese filling from the cream cheese coffee cake. I used my cinnamon roll bread machine recipe for the dough, made golf-ball sized balls and tried to center the cream cheese. But I couldn't figure out how to make and get it to look like the traditional squares. So I flattened them and added more cream cheese on top until it looked like a cream cheese danish. That's good in my book, too. I let them cool and then drizzled a little glaze...further distancing away from a kolache... While it resembled a danish, it tasted just like a cheese kolache. Only with more filling, and frosting. Which in my book is win-win. Everyone here liked them and I'll definitely do this again next time I'm in a cream cheese baking mode and mood!
----------
I also had enough leftover dough to make some cinnamon rolls, albeit smaller. I thought I had posted my recipe earlier, but I will do so in a separate post.

No comments: