Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Sandra Betzina Today's Fit OOP Butterick 3124 - Developing. . .


Doesn't that sound "Drudge-like"?! I'm still tweaking this top. And think I understand why Butterick no longer does Today's Fit. Unless we define "Fit" as a tantrum. Let's start with something positive: Love the V neckline. Flat, good depth, doesn't flop about. But be forewarned...If you are over 4 feet tall, you will have to lengthen, lengthen, lengthen this pattern. Kidding about the height requirement, but true this pattern runs short, really short. I added 3" to the sleeves and feel the need next time to add almost 2" more. Added 3" to the back. And correspondingly added 3" to the front, but it was still not long enough in the front. Evidently Sandra didn't make the same adjustments as she does for her Vogue line wherein the extra front length is already incorporated. So I added 1" to the center front, tapering to 1/2" at the sides and it all matched up. Much better. The dart - that's giving me fits. First it was too shallow. When I basted it all together, it looked like several darts were trying to form alongside it. There's too much fabric, too much pull at the underarm. Plus the dart as is was too low. I'm readjusting the dart depth and direction. But between all the disruption, tiling fun and "the water faucet outside broke off and we can't turn it off..." I decided to put this aside until later today...
Update #1: New outside water faucet.
Update #2: Stove is hooked back up, washer/dryer still in dining room, pending baseboard replacement on Saturday. Rather bake than do laundry anyway.

1 comment:

Lala said...

Hi Peggy!!! OK... the snow has STOPPED (for now) :o)Right now 38* sounds TROPICAL to me... LOL

My Mother would LOVE the "DRUDGE" reference! And the best FITS are the SOUTHERN BAPTIST kind... believe me... I KNOW...

*WHEW* my head started THROBBING with all the mods you were making on the pattern... I would've QUICKLY filed it under "T"... :o)

Hope the H2O got turned off!

Lala :o)