Saturday, April 04, 2009

Why are you still here?!


I think Sandra Betzina's Today's Fit Vogue 7281 is her oldest pattern in the Vogue catalog. Even though the envelope says 2007, it really has to be from 2000, as I have 7264 with the same envelope type and photo of Sandra, and it is carbon-dated 2000. I Googled it while in the store and saw 23 reviews on Pattern Review. My cell phone was a little too overwhelmed to pull and open them, but a pattern with that many reviews probably was a good one. Wondering how much longer and if it would still be around by the next catalog with Sandra's upcoming new pattern additions, I went ahead and grabbed it. I also got 1036 and 1050 while Jo-Ann's is having their $3.99 Vogue sale through Saturday. I have no idea why those two were MIA in my collection - they may have been sold out during previous sales. Plus Sandra mentions the 1050 pants in her Spring/Summer 2009 Fashion Forecast. I had sewed a Butterick pattern in a similar style to 7281 years ago, and didn't really like it. But Sandra's version looks like it morphed into something better, so I'll add it to the pile. If anyone else has sewn this - with or without success, please post a comment, too!

1 comment:

Monica said...

Sandra's clothes never would fit me. it is hard to adjust for petite. I disagree totally about polyester not holding up. Cotton and silk knits may look better if you hand wash and have 365 so you only wear one day a year! Hand wash, that is an insult to the green movement!!!! it takes more water.