Sunday, April 26, 2009

Cooking Light - Vanilla Shortbread


Today I tried Vanilla Shortbread from the May issue of Cooking Light on page 74. Definitely deserving of their 5 star rating! I've never used vanilla bean before - I found it at Costco the other day and followed Martha's Cooking School book instructions. Boy, what a difference in flavor and fragrance. I'm also making some vanilla sugar with the leftover pod. It went together very easily. It looks pretty, and is not overly sweet nor heavy. The only fault? It was difficult to cut without it breaking and cracking, but by the time I finished, at least 2/3's looked OK. A keeper for the cookie recipe rotation.

1 comment:

Lala said...

Vanilla is one of my FAVORITE fragrances... those shortbreads look like they'd go with a cup of tea perfectly!!! Maybe sprinkle the crumblie one's over ice-cream???

We got into the 80*s this weekend!!!

Lala :o)