Thursday, April 02, 2009

Egg-stra special tree


Right now Target has plastic Easter eggs in assorted sizes and colors. The bright-colored 12-pack was 79 cents and they had two holes punched in both ends for easy stringing. I went home and hung them on the Jatropha. Then this morning I was in Jo-Ann's for the pattern sales, and their Easter Holiday Inspirations eggs in pastel colors were 50% off - 49 cents a dozen. To be honest, the Target ones were better quality - sturdier. Jo-Ann's were thinner and hinged. I had to use my scissors point to enlarge and finish punching out some the holes. If you are looking for eggs to hunt instead of hang, you may want to go with Target's more substantial version. I think the Jo-Ann eggs may be more suitable for hot glue gunning into a wreath, garland, etc., as I'm certain the heat will help melt and and create a larger surface to attach the egg a little bit better.

No comments: