Friday, April 24, 2009

Knocking 'em outta the park


With View B Sandra Betzina's Vogue Today's Fit 1049. I still haven't sewn it reversible-ly. I made one yesterday morning and wore it in the afternoon. - just folding under and topstitching the neckline and armholes. Later I will try it in a woven. I love the shape of the shoulders, the neckline, how the dart is in the right place, and fabric frugality. I'll trace an extra copy to play around with different neckline shape variations - more of a scoop, a V neck... It's the perfect Summer 2009 top and just in time. Looks like our warmer temperatures and humidity are back. Here's another knit one, finished with self bias trim on the neckline and armholes. I cut the bias strips 1 1/2" wide, folded and stitched, keeping the bias visible. Since I scooped the neck a little deeper, I made a tiny box pleat at the center front and anchored it with a tiny shell button - a la J.Jill!

No comments: