Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Hammered


Having had my front bumper now replaced twice (!), the front plate had taken a beating each time. The collision shop hammered it as flat as they could, but most of the lettering paint was AWOL. My license tags were up for renewal and I decided to replace them with the Bluebonnet (officially known as "Texas Parks and Wildlife Conservation - Bluebonnet"). It was only an additional $30, with $22 going to Texas Parks and Wildlife Department to support Texas State Parks. Not only pretty, but a good thing. I thought when I went into the tax office, they would just pluck me a set and I'd be on my way. Nope, they need to be "manufactured" and will be mailed within two weeks. Cool, except that pushes me into May. But they covered that with advising me to put the new sticker on the windshield and a cardboard temporary tag in the rear window. Oh and to keep in the glove compartment the documentation showing I was not a scoflaw in case they pulled me over. As if they need an excuse. White Boomer female with a size 10 foot on the pedal of a Toyota? Whoop, whoop, flash those lights. I'm still dang proud of getting out of the Louisiana State Trooper ticket (who knew U-turns were illegal? Now you know not to pull a U-y there)...

2 comments:

YayaOrchid said...

I love your new plates! They'll be here before you know it. I might just have to ask the hubby to get us some 'bluebonnet' plates for my van.

Peggy said...

I'm excited, too! Plus it is an easy to remember combination of letters and numbers.