Monday, April 27, 2009

Money Monday - Replacement Value


I try to keep a good stockpile of items I use all the time, at the very least one. As soon as I use and replace it, it goes on the list. (Even the 100 sheet box of Downey...not likely it will be used up immediately, it still gets added.) If it goes on sale or there is a coupon in the interim, I will stock up. Was it growing up in a blizzard-centric part of the country? Do I consider membership at Costco and Sam's empowering? Did I learn to tune out the mutterings of my family when they open the pantry and a two pound box of crackers falls on their foot? Yes to all of the above. The peace of mind, the inevitable increasing cost, the economy, even the weather can be factors to keep your sanity and budget intact.

2 comments:

Together We Save said...

I am learning to keep a good stockpile to prevent having to rush out and waste money on something that has a inflated shelf price.

Lala said...

Hi Peggy!!! GREAT TIP!!! I too have a "2 limit" backup in the pantry... although I DO have a wierd tendency to "hoard" certain items (dryer sheets being at the top of EVERY shopping list)... :o)

There are things I NEVER run out of... :o)

Lala :o)
Saw your rain totals... hope you stayed as dry as possible!