Saturday, May 17, 2008

Burda 7775 View B - Blouse



Almost completely love this View B blouse from Burda 7775 -- I added 2 inches in length and it still feels too short by about an inch! I hate to think if I hadn't lengthened it; I would be really po'd. Burda rated 3 dots/Average, it took a lot of time but the detailed results were worth it. I'll definitely make it again times two - longer for another blouse and in the View A dress.

What I did love --

The collar -- In over 35+ years of sewing, I have never made a collar the way Burda had you do here. It's on the bias and it is seamed together in such a way you get perfectly turned-out notches. And I like how it rolls away from the neck when you wear it. No forced pressing to flatten in place


The seaming -- I liked the front and back princess seams. The center back is not cut on the fold, but seamed, with subtle shaping also found on the side seams.

The pockets - Cool pleating, which helps with the fit as they are over the front princess seam. And the placement is flattering, too.


The sleeves -- Not a "Princess Puffy Sleeve" but slightly wider than your arms to make them look thinner. I liked the detail of the small area of gathers in the center of the arm band.

So if you are petite, out of the envelope it's for you. Otherwise, plan to add a few inches to the length and yardage.
Burda has snuck in a great sleeper blouse pattern in 7775!