Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Ho, ho, ho and a bottle of buttermilk

Thank goodness I redeemed myself with a bottle of buttermilk (low fat) and made Juan Carlos Cruz's ovenfried chicken tenders and Cooking Light's gingerbread for dinner last night. I'll post the recipes later today. While not a readily assumed combo, when the ingredients only call for less than a cup and you still have to buy even the smallest bottle with leftovers, I flip through my notebook for the buttermilk recipes. (Cooking Light seems to have the edge in the buttermilk department. They have an awesome banana bread recipe.) I know, people have told me to freeze it, but it ultimately turns into a science experiment gone bad so I just go back to the store and spend the 99 cents. . .
And the gingerbread is seasonal, so I think that's a bonus double play, right?

Update: That one bottle not only made the chicken and the gingerbread, but also Everyday Food's Coffee Cake muffins (#32, May 2006) Saturday morning.

No comments: