Thursday, December 13, 2007

B.L.T. #311

I tried Linda MacPhee's BLT (Best of Linda's Tops) cross-over top pattern #311 from the MacPhee Workshop. I loved it on another Peggy from our ASG, and thought it might work for this Peggy. It was a well-constructed pattern, all the pieces went together well, and I really liked the way she combined the shoulder and back neck seams. However, I traced, cut, and sewed the wrong size. While Linda says it is a fitted pattern and you may want to adjust accordingly or go up a size which I did. It ran really big on me -- especially in the waist, hips and sleeve arm width. I could have easily gone down two sizes. My operator errors were trying to remember the included 3/8" seam allowance and using a really cheapy thin fabric for the trial run. I think if you follow Linda's and the other Peggy's fabric suggestions and use a good Slinky-type or heavier knit, you will be pleased with the results.

No comments: