Monday, March 05, 2007

Wal-Mart Fabric

Wal-Mart has been threatening to close their fabric department for years. But maybe now they mean it? (click to read this article)
I used to find some really cool $1/yard fabrics. But that was in years past, not recently. These are from last year. . .
Check out that Marilyn Monroe fabric - it's a poly knit! I always thought the regular and rural Wal-Marts had the better and bigger fabric departments than the Super Wal-Marts. And there were even those therein which were better than the others, depending upon the department manager and sheer luck. The neighborhood went really, really downhill at the most successful hunting ground one I used to go to. My husband didn't want me going there; even in the daylight there were parking lot altercations. Though stupidly I did chance it a few months ago by myself and found nothing. It's off of my list now for good, don't worry! No $1/yard fabric is worth it.
Perhaps Hobby-Lobby will step up to the plate? Every once in awhile you can find fashion fabrics there. But WM had it over HL because they were open 24/7, and in more -some better than others- locations.

No comments: