Thursday, March 22, 2007

Happy Birthday, March 22!



Birthday horoscope: Learn to walk way from problems and sometimes spoil yourself in order to recharge your batteries. Remember you are a good cause and an excellent investment. Do for yourself more often.

Is this not a sewer's perfect horoscope?!


OK! And done!


Look what arrived in the mail today, kismet! From Nancy Erickson and the March/April Fashion Sewing Group Newsletter fabric selections --Black and white wicker weave..."London Plaid" in blue...and a slice of the blue faux leather.

I got the black and white wicker weave to make the Sandra Betzina Vogue skirt (8204), View D, the green skirt. Both sides are really neat and I'll use one side for the hem ruching. I thought it would be a cool skirt for summer. Let's face it, these birthday legs are better covered above the knee now!

Then the Burberry, ahem "London Plaid," in blue reversible to black with a 1/4 yard of the blue faux leather. I was thinking about making a small purse/tote, maybe even the Sandra Betzina shoulder bag (7862) and then using the "leather" as trim or to make a flower accent. There were also some cute bags in the book I bought yesterday. But I also bought enough of the plaid to change my mind. And for sure I'll use every inch of it somehow, someway!

No comments: