Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Considerable Restraint!

Some of our local Hancock's are closing -- I don't know why; there were always cars and shoppers there. Others are staying open, so I'll be able to get my Kwik Sew fixes prn. To be honest, lately I've only been shopping there for patterns and notions. I haven't found any fashion fabric I liked for a couple of years. Sad!

This is the first week of the inventory liquidation, so the selection is good, and the discounts OK...20%-30% off. But add in the ASG 10% discount, which they are still accepting, you can get some pretty good deals.

These three Kwik Sews came home with me. One of our ASG'rs made a pair of the slippers (3323) and they turned out really cute. And you never know when you may need a pattern for a tie (3183) or gloves (3397)!

This book had some really cute and creative ideas, 24 in fact! "Stitch & Sizzle Accessories"

I liked the amulet purse made out of a tie and the butterfly eyeglass case is perfect to make for Mother's Day. Check their website - http://www.creativepub.com ISBN is 1-58923-207-0

Bead and embellishment goodies. I can't explain the adhesive iron-on green"2" other than it must have been stuck to the underside of one of the packages and I wasn't paying attention during checkout when it rang up. (No returns/no refunds). And the scatological humor afterwards.

A closeup of the Blue Moon charms - the top is a heart with a keyhole (key to my heart?) saying "made with love" and the ones below are embossed with "love"

50 cent bargains! The red/gold and black/gold wooly nylon was originally $6.29!

No comments: