Saturday, March 03, 2007

$200 Patterns!











Thank goodness for the $3.99 Vogue pattern sale at Jo-Ann's yesterday and today! My actual cost with ASG discount and tax - $31.10. Does anyone truly pay the book value anymore? The Sandra Betzina's are $25 each and the designers are $27.50. The regular Vogue is $20 - Insane!! Even at 1/2 price, I still passed on them. But $3.99? That's a buy!
I got the three newest Sandra Betzina Today's Fit patterns -- Jacket 2949...Pants 2948...Tops 2945. I'm slightly OCD about her patterns, I have just about all of them. (including some of the Burdas and Buttericks). Even though they don't always photograph or take to the drawing well, and Sandra is the first to admit it, when you see them in real life at her trunk shows, you just say, "Wow!" Add to the fact that for every one they add to the catalog, one is pulled/discontinued; you never know which will stay or go.
The newest Issey Miyake is 2952. I really like the skirt and the lace-up jacket looks fun. Donna Karan 2954 - Love the top, it looks Miyake-ish, too. I thought I would try a Vintage Vogue - 2859 1935 design. I really like the yellow blouse. As L said, "It's a TCM pattern!" Since I have Anna Sui glasses, her 2947 collection of blouses jumped from the drawer to my hand. And plain vanilla Vogue 8077 - not-plain-at-all sleeveless long drapey tops.

No comments: