Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Burda 7788 View C - Tank Style Blouse


I ended up blousoning the hem of Burda 7788's View C top/blouse and love it! The deep purple with random black flecks fabric is vintage circa 1980 lightweight silky poly from now departed Southern Fabrics in The Galleria. (You would be hard-pressed to tell if this was silk or not. Southern Fabrics had the best quality fabrics I've ever found.) You can also make View C doubled layered in chiffon a la Sandra Betzina. As mentioned in my earlier post, you may want to add some length if you are longer in the torso and you want it to bubble nicely without creeping above your waist. Burda may have already thought that through because I only used 1 1/2 yards even with the extra 7" (3 1/2" x 2 - I'm not that freakishly tall) which is what the back of the envelope called for. I did need those extra inches. What I loved -- the pleated neckline and the flattering shape of the neckline and armholes. Everything is covered - nicely.
Looks great, even with jogging shorts -- for photographic purposes only!