Tuesday, October 21, 2008

What a Crock!


This morning I lifted the lid on my red 4-quart Crock-Pot and...the handle came off! The plastic handle literally disintegrated and broke free from the screw attaching it into the glass. Into tiny pieces and plastic dust. Since this was definitely a lid malfunction and it was only a little over a year old, I called the Rival 800 number to request a replacement. Customer service said the lids were out-of-stock (others had similar problems?), but to call back in three weeks, and if they were available then, they could order one for me at a total cost of $21.59! Lid, shipping, tax. I told her for 40 cents more, I could buy a new one at Target and probably even less in the store. I think I got it on sale for around $17. I'll go to Target later this afternoon and see if for grins they will replace it. I'm doubtful, but it's worth a try. No offense, but if I can find a 4-quart size slow cooker that is not a Rival, I'm more inclined to replace mine with a new brand. . . How many lidless Rival crockpots are clogging our landfills?