Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Those days...

I miss those days when I was going to friends' weddings and baby showers. Now I'm attending their funerals.
My good sewing friend, Karen Peebles passed away unexpectedly yesterday. I was lucky enough to meet Karen through the Houston Chapter of the American Sewing Guild. She was a founding member of our Chapter and my Neighborhood Sewing Group. We had great back-in-the-day sewing memories of buying fabric at Foley's, Frost Brothers and Sakowitz department stores! All the speakers and special events attended - Designing with Dusan, Bobbi Carr, Donna Salyers, Clotilde, Sandra Betzina... Karen was multi-talented - a machine knitter and savvy with the computer, too. In fact, she was the one who got me started on eBay and introduced me to Burda World of Fashion and Neue Mode pattern magazines.
Though I take comfort she will finally be able to achieve a perfectly-fitting pants pattern, she will be missed by all of us here.