Thursday, October 16, 2008

2008 Houston Quilt Festival Favorite Booths and Vendors Update - Updated October 31!

The Sewing Workshop - No
Creations - No (They will be at Market, not at Festival)
Art Girlz - No (sob!)
C&T Publishing - No
Mekong River Textiles - No

However, this opens the opportunity to discover new booths, new vendors, new merchandise! I always like to "ring around" the show. The aisles on the perimeter and in the back are usually the new people and last-minute/wait-listed additions. They can have more innovative and cool things, and are often friendlier and happier to chat and talk about their wares. Seriously, there are more than a few booths where the booth worker barely looks up or acknowledges you. Hate that. Or have "Warning: Do Not Take Pictures" signs posted everywhere. Note to those people - "Warning: I Won't Leave My Money With You" Not that I would suddenly want to take a picture of a Santa pillow made of buttons, but they just come across as rude and hostile to me. If I like your design, I'll buy the pattern. I want to keep you in business to create more neat things. Duh.

These vendors will be there:

C&C Fabrics from Dallas - #1357 (Great knits, look in the center rack, bottom row)
Vogue Fabrics - Booth Nos. 425/324

Discovered this year (I'll be posting my prizes in a later post, too tired!) - and there's still time this weekend to check them out:

Lickety Grip - Booth #1803
Artistic Artifacts - #1257/1259
Salem Manufacturing - #1600/1602 (cutting boards and cool hinged rulers!)

Are you into Kumihimo (braided beads and cords)? I found these three friendly vendors:
Pat Powell Designs - #1227
Accent Bead Design - #557
Fiber Goddess - towards the back, to the left before the Embellishment section