Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Shapes - PATTERNS, not a workout place!

Has anyone heard or tried the new line of patterns called "Shapes" from The Sewing Workshop? It's a new line from the combined talents of Linda Lee and Louise Cutting, who have proven in the past they know a thing or two about patterns. The patterns look vaguely to me like a combination of Sewing Workshop and slight Issey Miyake influenced-designs. I just stumbled upon them them when I was at their website to find out if TSW was going to have a booth at the upcoming Houston Quilt Festival. (They've been there before and I'm hoping they will return. I'll let you know what I find out.) Very creative how they incorporate a number into the pattern name. Like their other patterns, and I'm including Sandra Betzina's, I'm sure when you see the real-life garments and fun tweaking with fabric and embellishing, they would be more appealing than the line drawings. The patterns are $16 each.


High Five Jacket Sixth Sense Skirt ..... Three Fold Vest
Two's Company Tunic ..... Plus One Tunic