Monday, October 20, 2008

Chem-Eco Reaction


A warning from my sister about the new Palmolive Eco + Dishwasher Detergent. . .

"It leaves a weird white film residue on everything, all over, inside and out...Especially noticeable on stainless steel pans. It makes a strange discoloration on stainless flatware, like when rice boils over the pot. It wouldn't scrub off with a pad, nor would it come off when I put everything through the dishwasher again with Cascade. I finally scrubbed with a vinegar solution and I think it's off now. How is this eco friendly with chlorine bleach? And having to waste time/water/energy/money to redo the load? No response from Palmolive about my complaint...."
Yikes! While you want to "go green," and do right by planet Earth, stick with Costco's Kirkland brand or Cascade. They work and come in green boxes and containers.