Even though it called for 2-way stretch knit, I used some of the leftover blue rose knit fabric for a trial run, which seemed to work just fine. And we were happy once again at Burda's perfect fit and style combinations -- The side seams are shaped, the shoulder straps narrow at the top shoulder, the front has a nice scoop curve without overexposing or being dowdy, and the back is lower than the front-but still covering the bra strap. L really liked that! With the pattern's wide size range--so you know it's going to look good on just about everyone--I even traced off her size, reserving the larger size for me! I know this will become a great basic tank wardrobe addition.
The only changes made were in length -- I added 1 1/2" at the alteration line above the waist and 1 1/2 inches at the hem line. The pattern photo looked a little short and it probably would have hit about the same without the adjustments. She could always trim it if necessary later after wearing a few times or it may even self-adjust after washing and drying. Us tallies hate raising our arms and having the hem ride up to the armpit!