Sunday, February 11, 2007

Valentines, Part 2

This one is for my mom.

The four heart accents are the D24 stitch on the Viking 1100 in variegated metallic thread, which I also used to zig-zag the edges and applique. I embellished the wings with just a touch of different beads for each cat. It was hard not to go too crazy with the beads and the opportunities presented by the print.

I'm sure getting great mileage from this Laurel Burch print, from her Christmas/Holiday 2006 collection. I love the gold metallic stars and the colors, quality stuff!

I originally bought it to make one of those crinkle cat bags for Christmas. It was such a hit with her cat, I used more of the fabric cats as appliques to make more bags for 2 other cats.
Purple is her favorite color, and the purple linen is from the Sewing Workshop's Tamari Apron I made a few years ago. An interesting pattern, but I never really used it as an apron. Instead, more for something getting caught in the pantry door. Enough!
(Though I seem to be on a trend of cutting up my older garments...!)

No comments: