Thursday, February 15, 2007

Sewing Stats Up

Yes, those numbers increased today:

Three patterns, New Look 6618, New Look 6436 and Butterick 4463...

...and this hideous $1/yard "suede" print. I thought it was so ugly, it was almost attractive. I need to make a raincoat for a Scottish folk dance set to "Singing in the Rain". . . (the thought of that plus the fabric seemed like a match to me)

L was so horrified, it will only be the trial run before cutting into a more sedate $1/yard fabric from the stash.

I bought the patterns (and obviously the fabric) without L by my side, sight unseen. After consultation, she liked the shape of 6436 (and I liked the one piece back and front - no darts, seaming, yokes), and the length and fullness of 6618, but not the bell sleeve shape. The Butterick for the buttons. So it looks like I'll be combining, overlaying, and switching, probably using 6436 as the base of operations.

My plan is to make the hideous version fitting muslin this weekend.

No comments: