Friday, March 26, 2010

Yes, more Target Liberty of London!


I'm just having a fun time at Target as a personal Liberty of London shopper for my friends and family -- while also scoring a few treasures for myself.

How many stores, how many times have I been checking for the Maynard Sixty Two Tier Tray? I had given up hope and was expecting the affixing any day of the "Discontinued" gray sticker dot on the shelf label.

While walking towards the home decor section yesterday, by habit my eyes scanned the bottom shelf and GASP! There it was! I think it may have been hiding in the back room and they just put it out - it was a bit dusty with tiny ball bits of styrofoam still attached. After hearing and being warned about all its defects and problems, I gave it a thorough once over and was perfect.


I think the Liberty Mini Journal Set for $6.99 is probably the best Target Liberty bargain if you are looking for a memento of Liberty-mania. Three journals with 50 sheets each. Did you know each one has different paper? The green and purple floral -- which I just discovered is called Maddsie C --is lined. Sixty print is blank. Maynard is graphed squared. All are perfect for noting and sketching sewing inspiration. I even love the 5" x 4" slipcase, it will definitely be repurposed, perhaps as an index card or receipt holder?

Then I got hooked on the acrylic boxes, which are only available in the stores, not at Target online. (Liberty's UK website - yes, go figure. Here's the link.) The Martha Grace 4 x 6 box (3" high) surprisingly quite substantial. I love the optical illusion of the print appearing layered on the cover. I'm storing my lipsticks in it.

I also grabbed the 5 x 7 Sixty box and it was already holding my buttons and thread for upcoming projects in my sewing room. It looked so nice on the table near my sewing machine. But then in another Target I saw it in the black and white Dunclare and decided since my Mom loves orchid purple, I would switch and give her the Sixty floral, since the flower utilized was the purple one. The Pink Dunclare comes in the 4 x 6 size. Then I started to think, wouldn't it be nice to have a set of both prints in both sizes. . .

1 comment:

becki-c said...

Taht box looks very handy! and oh so pretty.