Monday, March 15, 2010

Biofeedback for allergies?


Hey, it worked for me! The tree pollen is listed as "Extreme" in the newspaper, and I have been MISERABLE the past eight days. The last straw was yesterday morning when we were in Costco. Just walking from the parking lot to the store was enough to trigger a coughing and choking fit to the extent I couldn't even speak and tears were running from my eyes. I headed back to the car and gave the list to T and L - hoping for the best, who knew what else those two would find?! - and scoped out some free wi-fi on the iPod Touch. I emailed my sister to whine and chat a bit, and mentioned my quarrantine in the parking lot. She suggested I try biofeedback. I must admit I was a bit skeptical at first - I've had allergies all of my life, done the shots, the year-round antihistimine. I told her I just have to wait it out and suffer certain weeks of the year. And bless the person who invented Puffs Plus. But for those of you who also have allergies, you know what we go through - it's just awful. This tree pollen season seems to be particularly worse than previous years. I don't know if it was because of our crazy weather or what. I thought what the heck, I'll give it a try. When I was having bad migraines in the 80's, my neurologist suggested biofeedback, which was very successful for me. But it never occurred to me it could work for allergies, too.

Surprise! It did! I woke up this morning with my chest clear, my throat unsore, and able to breathe - through my nose, without choking! I'm still a little stuffy on and off this morning, but I have definitely turned the corner and feel a thousand times a thousand better. I even cleaned the house this morning and I'm getting ready to hit the sewing room. In the interest of full disclosure, my sister's boyfriend is Bill Nolan of Planet Bioscan. I was not asked to write this nor received any other compensation. I just wanted to post it because it worked for me. And it can work long distance. They live in Phoenix, Arizona - I'm in Houston, Texas. Honestly, if you have reached the end of your rope, email or give them a call. ( bill@planetbioscan.com - toll free 1-877-728-4101) Mention you heard about them through Peggy at The House of Kent blog. They are also doing special allergy sessions this month. Click here for their latest newsletter.