Saturday, March 13, 2010

Netflix Stars - The Time Traveler's Wife


2.5/5 - One word - Disappointing. Disappointed because of the new Time-Warner/Netflix policy of holding back new releases 30 days before allowing them to be rented so hopefully people would buy the movie instead. (and I would have been even more disappointed had I done that!) Disappointed this failed to live up to our expectations and all the hype. Disappointed there weren't any special features on the DVD. Even disappointed one of my fav songs which was playing with all the movie's previews wasn't even in the movie (Carolina Liar, "Show Me What I'm Looking For") It almost seemed set to be spoofed by Saturday Night Live. Afterwards upon reading the reviews and hearing other people's comments, evidently it would have helped to have read the novel by Audrey Niffenegger first. Not much background detail was provided and we were left to ourselves to try and stitch it all together.

1 comment:

DanainDFW said...

I read the book first and was still disappointeted with the movie. (Just watched it 3/17 with the free Redbox code.) A friend had said I would understand the movie better having read the book. I agree, but think so little of the book was in the movie that I actually wish I hadn't watched the movie!