Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Everyday Food #50 - Fast Chicken Fajitas (sorta)

Inspired is the best word, Fast Chicken Fajitas from page 20 of the March 2008 Everyday Food issue #50. I had a package of Costco's boneless chicken breasts, but I also had Penzeys Fajita Seasoning in the pantry. It seemed easier to me to just sprinkle the fajita seasoning on the chicken and broil away. As I read the recipe again, apparently I even skipped the step of rubbing oil into the chicken first. No harm done. In the meantime I stir-fried the peppers and onions in the skillet, and added the broiled chicken towards the very end for seasoning and flavoring.

We all gave it an A, for a quick and easy lunch/dinner --without having to buy the preseasoned/precooked chicken fajitas in the $$ package. As L said, "no funny, chewy pieces!" It was all tender, all good, and fast to the table.

No comments: