Saturday, April 21, 2007

Vogue 8151 - Sandra Betzina Today's Fit Top

Vogue 8151

This is probably the best t-shirt/top pattern I have ever sewn! Why be frustrated with the fit and what's (not) available in the stores when you can make one even better? Here is the review I wrote when I first made it a year ago. And here is the one I just made this afternoon. Seriously, by the time you get to the store, try on umpteen tops, and leave empty-handed, you can have an enjoyable and relaxing time sewing one of these. I never understood why Vogue did not show it with the optional tie. I think it adds a nice detail, though you really can't see it too well in this fun Marilyn Monroe and roses print. I originally bought the pattern for the wrap version, but have only been making this view. It's like when you go to a favorite restaurant and order the same thing each time because it's so good!


No comments: