Friday, April 27, 2007

Like a moth to a flame...


...I went back in to Hancock's this morning! The current discount savings ranged from 40% to 100%.

Here's my latest round of treasures -- Clockwise from the top, 5 yards 1/4" elastic, since I'm sure going to be making more of Sandra Betzina's 8151 View A! I liked it because it was 76% cotton, 24% rubber and had way more stretch/better recovery than the polyester version (84 cents)...8 yards of 4 1-1/2' wide 2-yard ribbon remnants($4.46) ...the 2005 Hancock Fabrics Quilt of Dreams for St. Jude's commemorative pin (free). Since that was the year I made the quilts for them, I'm glad I was able to find the pin to stick on my sewing room bulletin board...the Spring issue of Cutting Edge ($1)...eyelet tool and two packages of 100 multi colored and brass eyelets ($3.93). Now that I have them, maybe I'll work them into some projects...4 Vintage (circa 1890-1910) La Mode black faceted buttons, they are so pretty and sparkly, the photo doesn't do them justice ($2.39)...stick-on graduation year numbers and package of 81 peel and stick felt letters/numbers, for I'll probably end up using them for another school project! ($4.57)...2 packages of assorted Blue Moon beads -"Autumn Glow" and "Spring Fling" ($2.99)...4 size 10 big bubba snaps ($1.49).
Yet still, I didn't buy any fabric -- not from lack of looking and trying, but lack of desirability and current fashion. Therein probably the main reason of Hancock's fiscal problemas!

No comments: