Saturday, April 21, 2007

Sandra Betzina columns

Back in the early to mid 90's, my sewing friend and fellow Sandra Betzina fan, Karen and I would take turns going to Rice University and pull all the Thursday San Francisco Chronicles and copy her weekly columns. They kept the current and past month's editions. If we timed it right, we could get 8 or even 9, before they purged the files. We enjoyed reading them, until they stopped publishing. Then we discovered her online columns on her website. Today I learned that in order for her to keep the things she loved doing the best (her patterns, sewing weeks, teaching in Ethiopia!), she would no longer be writing the columns. Well, I LOVE her patterns, and hopefully someday I'll get to go to her sewing week, and taking time to teach kids to sew in Ethiopia?! I'll take the pass on the columns so she can do all this and keep making this world a better sewing place!

No comments: