Saturday, April 07, 2007

Pressing matters


I am horrible with irons! I usually have to replace them every 6-12 months, so I don't buy the $$$ ones. They usually "fall" off the ironing board, but this was one for the record books - my Proctor-Silex on/reset switch was actually two different colored plastic button covers, red and amber. This morning, the red one was very nicely next to the iron, in 3 pieces! How the heck? Now the only way to turn it on was to stick my finger inside the iron. Uh, NO!! I found a new, improved, even better replacement by Black & Decker - it's digital! (Model D2020, $34.99 at Target). A pretty, sparkly sea green. And I don't see any buttons to self-destruct.
UPDATE 11-04-07: The Black & Decker D2020 iron may self-destruct on you even without falling and could cause a fire. While it was heating up, the digital display went gray, it began continuously beeping and electrical smoke started coming out of the top. Especially do not trust the auto off feature with this iron!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

02/04/2015
My name is Edwin in Houston, Texas.
I need this Black and Decker iron (D2020) for testing.
Please contact me if your are willing to sell it to me.
Thank you for your time and inconvenience.

Thank you!

Edwin Reyes
McDowell Owens Engineering, Inc.
e.reyes@mcdowellowens.com
713-705-6812 cell
832-831-2910 office

Peggy said...

Sorry Edwin, I tossed it. However, I did post your comment in case anyone may still have one.