Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Blogging from A to Z Challenge - Q is for Aquamarine

Welcome back to the Blogging from A to Z Challenge 2016!  This will be interesting and fun trying to interpret healing crystals and gemstones from Amethyst to Zircon with watercolors and create a neat sketchbook.


Q is for the q in Aquamarine

My own birthstone, I tried to capture the translucent and beautiful pale sea green shades I have in my aquamarine jewelry.  The greater the iron amount, the bluer the stone.
(I had my grandmother's art deco emerald cut aquamarine ring in a filigreed platinum setting.  Perhaps someday it will show up in an estate jewelry store or pawn shop.) 
Another gemstone which can help with allergies, aquamarine (aqua maris - Latin for "sea water") can also help with the throat area issues - thyroid, tonsils, vocal cords.   Aquamarine increases peace and courage, and can help prevent seasickness.  Aquarians wearing it will find friendship and love, it helps Pisces encourage awareness, and warns Libra from danger.

Palette Paints - Aureolin, Cerulean, Cobalt Turquoise

No comments: