Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Happy Birthday Watercolor Wednesday

Hobby Lobby often switches out which line of watercolor inkjet printer paper it stocks - Strathmore,
Canson, etc.  And when they do, the old one goes to the clearance section.  You can grab a set of 8 5" x 7" cards with envelopes for around $5.  When I don't have time to fiddle with the printer and the computer, trying to center and adjust colors,  I found I can skip all that and paint directly on the paper.  Keep in mind it is 90 pound paper, so you can't get too wet and messy.  But it does take nicely to a few brush strokes.


First I drew and painted this heart inside.  Then I cut out circles/flowers on the front fold.  I kinda left textured edges to make it look more flower-y.  Added a few brush strokes of green for stems and leaves.  Just inside the front, I wrote "Birthday" and then the recipient's name underneath the heart.

This would also be a fun to take to other celebration levels such as  Halloween or Christmas or Valentine's Day, a cross or eggs for Easter. . .
Let fly your imagination and scissors and paintbrush.

No comments: