Monday, March 16, 2009

Money Monday - Go Green!


I try to drink lots of water and get at least two servings of green tea a day. With the exception of the cooler temperatures this past weekend, it's hard to drink hot green tea when it's warmer. I was using the Lipton tea to go packets, but they didn't always dissolve completely, had a somewhat off-taste and were costly. I decided to try making my own, reusing the water bottle from the morning's workout so by the time I left to get my daughter from school, it would be cold enough to grab and go. I've got a big mug to hold the refilled 16.9 ounces/500 ml of water to microwave and make my green tea. (Costco sells a box of 100 green tea bags for around $12). Add a little bit of honey, let cool , pour back into the bottle and refrigerate. Not only do I reuse my water bottle one more time before recycling, but I can make my own non-clumping, chemical-free green iced tea for less than 15 cents.

No comments: