Saturday, March 21, 2009

Bunny, Hop - Burda 7997


An "egg-stra" special bunny in this stash VIP Cranston Easter egg print.



Since the time I made the shorts from this pattern last August, I fear it has been discontinued, as I could not find it on the Burda website. 7997 may still be in the store catalog. I hope so, there's a lot of goodies in this pattern.

It went together fairly easily and quickly. I liked the fact I didn't have to sew and then turn the pieces rightside out. You stitch and then finish the raw edges wrong sides together.



I didn't want the embroidered face to get lost in the print, so I thread traced the markings on a lightweight interfacing on the wrong side of wool felt, and then narrow zig-zagged the features. I jazzed up the eyes with adhesive rhinestone flower "tatoos" from last summer's Target Dollar Spot offerings. It gave it a little bling and kept the eyes from looking too creepy.

He needed a tail - so I hot glued a cotton ball to his backside! The End

3 comments:

Monica said...

What is this bunny thing? you need to go to Walmart where the Easter bunny will drag you over to his egg section and you can buy some Cadbury's caramellow eggs. i keep mine in the freezer where they are safe and ripening to perfection. better go check them

YayaOrchid said...

Oh, that is cute!

Peggy said...

The EB (Easter bunny) was well-pleased and brought me some early Hershey's Marshmallow eggs. Will sew for chocolate!