Saturday, November 22, 2008

Well, this bumper lasted 13 months. . .


This is what happens when you hit flying twisted sheet metal at 65 mph! I had no choice, no time - the pick-up truck in my lane ran over and launched it and my car clipped it as it was going over into another lane. The bumper even popped away where it wraps over the wheel. And yes, that is a crack! Wow!
I consider myself lucky---

1) I wasn't in an accident with all the other vehicles on the Katy Freeway swerving to avoid this airborne missile...
2) I didn't get two flat tires...
3) It didn't hit the windshield or me

My insurance agency may not be so lucky with me - what with Hurricane Ike and now this. I'm going to get an estimate and may just pay out-of-pocket if it is close to my deductible.
Update: This is what $655.38 looks like. Ouch!

No comments: